Please note: This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information.
We take the health and safety of all attendees to SEO underground seriously and in light of COVID-19, we have spent time ensuring we do everything necessary in this important area. We expect a common sense approach. The list below are recommendations, however, will continue to follow the guidance of the UK Government and are working closely with our venue, Newmarket Racecourse.
As with any other event in the UK please be respectful of other people and do not attend if:
- You feel unwell, including a high temperature, new continuous cough and a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
- You are isolating or have been asked to by a government test and trace service
- You have been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or anyone who has been showing symptoms
We expect all conference attendees to have taken reasonable steps to ensure that they are COVID free prior to attending SEO Underground. Reasonable steps may include taking a lateral flow test by ordering one from here. Or picking up a lateral flow test.
- All attendees to SEO Underground should be able to demonstrate ONE of the following if asked:
- A negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of the event, demonstrated via your NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App or equivalent.
- Full vaccination (first and second dose), and with the second dose administered at least 14 days before the event, demonstrated via your NHS COVID pass on the NHS App or equivalent.
- It is important all attendees print their badge and bring it with them to the event to avoid crowds forming in the registration area. Badges will be emailed one week out from the show.
- The event will run a traffic light system that allows attendees to signify how comfortable they are with social mixing. Green, Yellow and Red stickers will be provided for badges to signal levels of comfort (Green = comfortable to mix, Blue = Comfortable with some mixing but no physical contact like shaking hands, Red = not comfortable with social contact & please keep your distance).
- Face coverings are optional for attendees, although we encourage their use whilst walking around the event, in the boulevard or in a crowded area.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at key locations around the event
- Attendees will be reminded of the hygiene requirements on signage around the event including washing hands and other measures to avoid spreading germs.
- The venue will be conducting deep cleaning measures throughout the event with increased frequency.
- We have looked to avoid crowded areas and queuing as much as possible throughout the event and have encouraged all attendees to attend with their badge to avoid being in the registration area longer than is necessary.
- We have an outside concession stand should you be looking for a bite to eat, this encourages fresh air and socialising outside.